Monday, April 11, 2011

American Idol Season 10 Top Eight Perform Music from the Movies

If I thought predicting *last* week's show was difficult, I really can't even begin to guess what the remaining top eight will choose for their song this week. With Pia gone, we can probably safely avoid:



or...



and maybe even...



But then again... Jacob is still in the mix, so there's just no tellin' what he's going to sing.

As long as it's not:



I guess I can't complain much.

In fact, this week's theme is so wide open that I could almost narrow it down to songs I *don't* want to hear.

So here are a few of my soundtrack faves.

For James just about anything on the Dazed and Confused soundtrack could qualify. He could also do:



or...



With his pipes I'd even let him take on Journey.

I really hope that Lauren doesn't do a repeat performance of:



I think I'd rather see her take on:



Or she could make my husband happy and sing something more upbeat like...



Haley could play to her strengths and do something suitably sex-kittenish with:



Paul could put his own unique spin on...



But somehow I suspect he might do something like...



Or he invoke the spirit of his doppleganger Kenny Loggins with:



(But for our sake let's hope he doesn't. I'm quite wary of what a Footloose Paul might actually look like.)

As a film student Casey probably knows all those obscure tunes we couldn't even think of. I can't even venture to GUESS what he might pull out of his hat this week. He could appeal to his Cougar base with:



There's a part of me that wants someone, anyone, to do my all time favorite soundtrack tune:



He could have fun with:



I can also see him doing something more old school:



Since Scotty already played his Elvis card, he can go back to his country roots with:



Or he could make my 80s country loving heart happy with...



As for Teflon Stefano (Steflano?), it really doesn't matter what he sings. He'll probably get the pimp spot (because I don't think he's been there yet.) And he'll get voted through yet another week because it appears he has a following that may put him in the bottom spot but can save him week after week.

At this point he's kind of earned:



And:



So essentially anything goes. For that reason we should all be a little excited... but a little afraid as well.

It's like answering a call from an unfamiliar number.

It's either going to be the person you could only dream would be calling you, or it's going to be a bill collector.

I'm crossing everything that will cross and just hoping for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment