Saturday, February 25, 2012

American Idol Season 11 Top 24

I think Season 11 can be summed up in two words: Second Chances. We have several in the top 24 that didn't quite make it in Season 10, including Brielle Von Hugel, Colton Dixon and Hollie Cavanagh, whose emotional journey cut short last year strangely wasn't even touched upon during the audition/Hollywood Week. (Unless I missed it, which is entirely possible. There's a lot going on this year hence why I'm so late with my annual Gab Fest about one of my favorite shows.)

For me, however, I'm most excited to see what's going to happen with DeAndre Brackensick. I was upset last year when he didn't make it because I thought he had the total package. There was such promise during Hollywood Week when the Minors OWNED Queen's classic "Somebody to Love."



There was such promise I couldn't wait to see what he'd do next. Sadly he didn't make it to the live performances and the nationwide vote.

So this year when he once again stunned during the preliminary performances in Las Vegas, I was so excited not only to see he'd returned BUT that he could still just knock that falsetto out of the park.



Goosebumps, I tell you. GOOSE. BUMPS.

I'm really excited to see what he's going to do.

Some of my early favorites include Creighton Fraker, Eben Franckewitz, Jen Hirsh, Joshua Ledet, Jessica Sanchez and of course Reed Grimm, who looks like he's going to be loads of fun.

So bring it on top 24 (25?.) I am SO ready for the live shows.

(Go DeAndre!)

No comments:

Post a Comment