Friday, July 11, 2014

July Newsletter: Book Updates, Public Appearances and @HalSparks - Oh My!

Hello, my lovelies. I hope your summer is going along well. I have just completed Book #22 (Chasing Thunder,) and am about 30K words away from finishing book #23 (The Leftover Club.) I learned a lot of things writing two books at the same time, and that was that I should probably never do that again. I'm a bit OCD when it comes to the creation process. Splitting my mania between two projects made both books take a whole lot longer to get from outline to completed project, which I found more frustrating than productive. Lesson learned!

The good news for all of you is that in August, you'll get not one but TWO new books from me, one of which starts a brand new series that I hope to complete by the end of the year.

Because who needs sleep?



The reason I am writing so much the rest of this year is because for the first six months of 2015, I'll be doing an unofficial tour across the country (and internationally.) Each month until June 2015, I'll be traveling to various book signings. I hope to add three more dates to the roster, including London. I'll update those finalized plans in the August newsletter.

Until then, here are my confirmed dates.

August 16, 2014 - Indie Author Event Houston Mashup, Houston, Texas.
January 16, 2015 - Indie Author Event Phoenix Mashup, Phoenix, Arizona.
February 7, 2015 - Deep in the Heart Author Event, Austin, Texas.
March 20, 2015 - Indie Author Event Detroit Mashup, Detroit, Michigan.
April 18, 2015 - UK date, finalizing details
May 1, 2015 - Hard Rock Author Event, Tulsa, Oklahoma.
June 13, 2015 - Indie Author Event Toronto Mashup, Toronto, Canada.

A little trailer to whet the appetite.



I've decided to make a commemorative copy of the Fullerton Family Saga available for people who make it to these events. It's a complete volume that includes three books in one, honoring our favorite Fullerton, Jonathan, on the cover.



If I released it, it would be a $29.99 value. I'm selling it at the book signings for $20. But even if you can't make it to one of the many places I'll be appearing, I'll be doing fun little giveaways here on the blog, starting in September. The Labor Day giveaway will be HUGE, so you definitely want to keep an eye out for it.

I'll give you a hint, it's another scavenger hunt... and the books I've been giving away like mad will play a VERY big part in earning the grand prize, which I can already tell you values over $100. So all the TBT blogs and those stories are going to be where I mine my questions.

The reason I'm telling you now is because today, July 11, I'm giving away FIVE books completely free. If you haven't secured your copies yet, be sure to do so now. But do it quick because the sale ends at midnight(ish) Pacific Standard Time.



If you're in Los Angeles, my pal Hal Sparks and his band Zero 1 are hosting a regular Monday gig at The Dragonfly in Hollywood. I've been to several of their shows and they really know how to rock, and they'll be hosting regular guests to turn your Mondays up to 11. Befriend them on Facebook to get on the $5 list.

And who knows? You may even see me there! Like say... this coming Monday. ;)



I see you shiver... with antci.........................................pation.



Finally, if you have any questions for me, head on over to Goodreads. Ask me anything!

That's it for this month, kids. See you in August!

No comments:

Post a Comment