Wednesday, October 9, 2013

A fun lil Q&A

Saw this on another blog and thought it'd be a fun little "get-to-know-you" exercise. Plus I've always wanted to do the Inside the Actor's Studio questions... without, you know... being an actor or anything.

***


What is your favorite word? Yes.

What is your least favorite word? No.

What turns you on? Power. A man who understands the "GRRR" factor is worth his weight in gold. If he has long hair and knows how to rock guyliner, even better.

What turns you off? Mean, ignorant people. And whiners.

What sound or noise do you love? The sound of a baby laughing.



Plus I think Steve Perry's voice is about the most perfect sound in the universe.



What sound or noise do you hate? Malicious laughter. People turn a great, joyful sound into a weapon to make someone else feel bad. Anyone who has ever gone to school has heard this at one point in their lives. It sucks. Plus the sound of anyone rubbing a balloon. **shudder**

What is your favorite curse word? Fuck. It's so multifunctional. What other word do you know of that can be used in any scenario and still pack a punch?

What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Movie producer.

What profession would you not like to do? Mortician.

What are you reading right now? I don't read books while I'm ovaries deep in a WIP because I don't want to internalize anyone else's story/voice and risk it bleeding into my story. However, given I'm always ovaries deep in a WIP these days, I figured I have to loosen this rule to exclude books outside my genre. So I started Ready Player One.

What book(s) do you urge readers to read? The Blessing Stone by Barbara Wood. It's epic and beautiful. Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen, but only if you haven't been ruined by the movie. It was a good movie, but the book is better, especially if you don't know what's coming. I loved early Danielle Steel, particularly Full Circle and Family Album, because of the strong heroines and their blend of history and social commentary. Plus there's this new writer named Ginger Voight. Don't know if you've heard of her. I mean, I don't want to brag but I've read ALL of her books. We're quite close.

What inspires you? Everything. The world constantly amazes me.

What is your favorite indulgence? I have to pick one? Chocolate. No wait.. champagne. No, wait... sushi. Oh hell... we'll go with hugs. Lots and lots of hugs.

What is your favorite movie? I have to pick one? I'll give you my top 8:



What is your favorite piece of clothing? Underwear. Wouldn't leave home without it.

What is your favorite ice cream flavor? Butter or Praline pecan. Or Banana nut. Again... only one??

What is something you like to collect? Paychecks. And shot glasses.

What item must you have with you at all times? Any device that can get me to the Internet. It's my right arm.

What city could you get lost in for hours to explore? If reincarnation is a real thing, I could easily believe that I lived in NYC in the 1940s. It's just such a strong sense that I get, so much so I cried when I saw the skyline for the first time. One day I hope to live there. I hear if you can make it there, you can make it anywhere.

What is one thing about you that would surprise us? I'm allergic to lavender. Which sucks, because as a lover of purple I invariably get lavender gifts. :/ But the smell makes me nauseated. Contact with it makes me itch and the one time I had a drink infused with it nearly sent me to the hospital after one sip. So ... no lavender.

No comments:

Post a Comment