Wednesday, February 19, 2014

ENRAPTURED sneak peek!

Only 9 days to go!! Here's a sneak peek at the third and final book in the Fullerton Family Saga, as well as a few songs from my writing playlist to get you in the mood. ;)

SPOILER WARNING:

The following excerpt contains possible story spoilers if you have not yet Entangled, book 2 of the Fullerton Family Saga.



I was still awake, and still livid, when Drew came to bed closer to midnight. He shrugged out of his shirt. “Such disapproval,” he murmured. “What exactly did I do now?”

“I’m still trying to wrap my mind around your using Jonathan to lure Alex into some kind of trap.”

“I told you. It’s only a trap if he’s doing something wrong.”

“Whatever. In the future, leave Jonathan out of it.”

He cocked an eyebrow as he stood next to the bed, his hands on his hips. “Excuse me?”

“Whatever is between you and Alex has nothing to do with Jonathan. He’s a little boy torn in two with loyalty and affection for the both of you. I refuse to stand by and allow you to squander his good faith and his trust to make some kind of point.”

Anger sharpened his features as he stared down at me. “Allow me?” he repeated. “And who, exactly, gave you authority to question me on how I parent my son?”

“You did,” I told him. “You wanted Jonathan to have a mother, and now he has one. If you think you’re going to use him like some wadded up piece of tissue paper, you’re going to have to get through me first. I’m not just your paid flunky anymore. I’m your wife, and the mother of your children. This family will not run like your business. We work together – honestly and openly – or not at all. Got it?”

His eyes never left my face as he slipped out of his pants and crawled into bed. He wrapped his hand around the back of my neck and pulled me close, his mouth hovering just an inch over my own. “There’s that fire I missed,” he murmured. His mouth descended toward my own, but I resisted, pushing back against his hand while I met his gaze dead on.

“Got it?” I repeated.

A smile broke apart on his face. “Absolutely,” he answered.

“Good,” I said. “Goodnight, Drew.”

I slipped from his hand and turned my back to him, turned off the light and disappeared under the covers.

No comments:

Post a Comment