Thursday, June 5, 2014

June Newsletter, featuring new releases and big sales!

Happy June, everyone! Summer is almost here, which means longer, hopefully lazy days filled with sunshine and lots and lots of books. If you've been waiting (patiently) for some new books from me, I have some exciting news! I finally have a release date for the first book in my next series, the Wyndryder Saga. Like the Fullerton Family Saga, it will be released in its entirety by the end of the year, with only a couple of months of waiting time in between each one.

And like the Fullerton Family Saga, I'm revisiting previous work I did as a much younger writer. I told this particular story in my very first completed novel way back in 1989/1990, so needless to say it's been a lot of fun to see what new things these old characters have to teach me. I've waited a long time to be "good enough" to tell their story, and they've all aged like a fine wine as they waited.

The first book in the new series is called CHASING THUNDER, so named in honor of my long-standing love for Steve Perry. I've always believed "Still They Ride" to be one of his finest vocal performances, and the song helped set the "biker" mood for the story. Since I knew I already wanted to use elements of weather to title the books in this series, it just fell into place.



***CHASING THUNDER***

"Along the gritty, crowded, noisy streets of Hollywood, there was an unexpected sound of hope for all the lost children scattered there. It was the sound of a roaring lion, the dramatic rumble of an approaching storm..."

In 2001, MJ Bennett's life was changed forever when she saw her beloved grandfather, the last of the Wyndryder MC, killed in cold blood. He left her when she was only 16 years old, but he had already trained her for a life following his footsteps, saving those too vulnerable to save themselves from the harsh L.A. streets. It was a dangerous and lonely life, one that she knew could never accommodate another person.

This was fine by MJ, who was much too scarred to let anyone close. His calling ultimately became her shield.

Ten years into her mission, this mercenary crosses paths with a runaway who needs to be kept close to be kept safe. MJ suspects this girl holds the missing clue to find the Hard Candy Killer, a suspect hell-bent on exterminating underage prostitutes in the cruelest ways possible. Since MJ is tasked with doing anything to save one more kid, one more life, one more girl, she is forced to turn to others to overcome her scariest adversary yet...

Herself.

Crusty old bikers, reluctant outlaws and lawmen join her fight, often against her will. And one by one, these old friends and new fill the missing pieces of the Wyndryder MC as it resurrects from the ashes to battle evil once more... for love, for family, and for justice.

"Chasing Thunder" is the first book in a thrilling new series by author Ginger Voight. Like her best-selling Fullerton Family Saga, the Wyndryder saga will bring readers back to the exciting backdrop in L.A., only this time she exposes the dark underbelly of teen homelessness, sex trafficking and outlaw justice.


***

As you can probably tell, this won't be a "Bad Boy Biker Saves Damsel in Distress" book. MJ Bennett is way more Michonne/Black Widow, prowling the streets of Hollywood on her OWN bike as she risks it all for what is right. But she's also terribly wounded and angry and even scared when it comes to matters of the heart. In many ways, she will be her own worst antagonist throughout the story.

Suffice it to say, it won't be an easy read. There will be sex and violence and ugly human behavior. Basically if you need a warning to read a book, this won't be the book for you. I'm digging in some wounds and leaving blood on the page. (As usual.)

I know what you're thinking. We have a badass biker chick, but are there bad boy bikers in this book?

Only the strongest of men can love a strong woman. And MJ is loved, whether she likes it or not. Meet "Snake."

***EXCERPT***

MJ Bennett was as mad as a wet hornet when they finally pulled to a stop in the high desert of San Bernadino County. She flew off the bike and turned on Snake in a rage. “What the fuck do you think you’re doing?” she shouted.

“I was coming to your rescue,” he explained casually as he dismounted. “White knight,” he said, pointing to himself. “Noble steed,” he added, pointing to the bike.

“When did I ever ask you to save me?” she demanded.

“Darlin’, you were pole-dancing in a seedy strip club. That's not a cry for help. That's a blood-curdling scream.”

“I had it all under control,” she informed him coldly and he held up a hand.

“Oh, I could tell,” he replied. “Only the best dancers get dragged off to a back room somewhere.”

She didn’t have time for this. She pulled out her phone. Snake was quick to grab it. “Gonna call your new partner in crime?” he asked as he held her phone out of reach. “Or should I say new partner fighting crime? Since when do you work with cops, MJ?”

“Since never!” she hissed as she jumped for the phone. “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“Please,” he scoffed. “’Bob’ from Scottsdale? Give me a fucking break. I nearly had to tie him down when that guy grabbed you. So who is he, MJ?” Snake demanded softly, his eyes angry and hurt.

“Are you serious?” she exclaimed. “That’s what this is about? You’re jealous?”

“Fuck you,” he said in a cold voice.

They had a brief staredown before she backed off. He was a bastard for forcing her hand like this. Time was of the essence now. She still had one very important thing to do and had to depend on a wiseass cop to do it. She'd cave a little, and make him pay later. “Fine. He’s a cop. But I only used him to get inside the building. I had the whole thing planned before he got there. I used him as a convenient tool, emphasis on tool, to execute the plan. Can I have my phone back now?”

The phone rang as he held it in his hands. He turned down the volume and then tossed it out of view in the darkened shadows around the bike.

“I can’t believe you did that,” she said as she started to round the bike, but he grabbed her by both arms. “You have no idea what you’ve done.”

“I know one thing I couldn’t have done,” he said. “I couldn’t have gone one more night without doing anything.”

She saw the holster inside his jacket. Her eyes widened. “Snake, no.” She tried to wrench away, but he pulled her back against his solid chest. He cupped her face in one hand, drawing her closer.

“Like I ever had a choice. Can’t you see what you do to me, MJ?”

Her eyes met his. “Can’t you see that if you ever got hurt…,” she couldn’t even finish the thought. She looked away so he tipped her chin with his thumb.

“Hurt?” he repeated. “I never know if you’re okay or if you need help. If you’re alive and well or dead somewhere in a ditch after pissing off the wrong person. You get hurt, you don’t tell me. You’re in danger, you take off and say nothing. It’s like having you and losing you all at the same time. And I never know which is which until you show up on my front door. You don’t think that hurts?”

She swallowed hard. She needed him every bit as much as she needed to protect him. She had been weak because she missed those big strong arms holding her together, and the familiar scruff of his beard against her face that made her feel at home no matter where they happened to be. When she felt unsure, she knew she could draw from his endless well of strength.

It was unfair, but he had never sent her away for good.

Maybe if he had they would both be better off.

But it was the last thing she wanted as he lifted her up against him. With a groan he carried her back to the bike. He sat astride while she straddled his hips.

His hands slipped into the open shirt she was wearing to slide behind her and cup her ass as he pressed her closer, grinding her down onto his lap. He captured her bottom lip tenderly in his teeth as he ended a kiss, and their eyes locked and held. “You break my heart, MJ,” he murmured as he pulled away. “And only you can put it together again.”

***



So mark your calendars for August 15, folks. #MJiscoming #ListenfortheThunder



SALES N' STUFF


As many of you know, the first book of my FIERCE trilogy has been offered for free as an Amazon exclusive. You can also get the follow-up books, UNSTOPPABLE and EPIC, free through Amazon Prime.

But even MORE epic is what will happen June 6, 2014.



This is a one-day sale, one complete series ALL FREE, for 24 hours. 1-click like the wind, y'all!

That's it till next month! Keep being awesome. xoxo

GV

2 comments:

  1. The new series looks amazing, Ginger! I love a strong heroine! I can't wait to read them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're first on the list to read! :D I can't wait to hear what you think. xoxo

      Delete