Thursday, February 9, 2017

Valentine #9 - Xander, My Sexy Brit

What is the name of today's Valentine?



How old is he when we meet him?

He is 26.

What stands out most about him?

He's a sexy Brit smack in the middle of the Lone Star State. Let's just say... that stands out.

Nice guy or douche?

He's arrogant, but he's not a douchebag. He doesn't need to take anything away from anyone else to be completely assured who he is and what he can do. I guess you could say he has an ego, but he's not a maniac about it.

Favorite moment with him?

Xander brings with him a lot of heat. He knows what you need. He knows he can give it to you. He's excited to see you transform into the kind of woman he already knows you are, and won't let you wuss out of living your life right on the edge... where he can catch you, and you will fly. When you find a guy like that? Perfect seduction, even if you're determined to fight it. There's no staying a "good girl" around the likes of Xander Davy.

Joely stared helplessly back at her grinning friend as Xander pulled her to the crowded dance floor. The dance tune gave way to a Peter Gabriel classic, made popular in an iconic movie from her youth. Xander responded by pulling her closer, fitting her against his strong lines of his hard body. She gulped hard as her eyes drifted up to meet his. Those brown eyes, lightened with gold and green flecks, studied her intensely.

“What are you doing?” she finally said.

“Dancing with a beautiful woman,” he murmured in response as his gaze drifted lazily towards her mouth. “It’s one of the perks of going to a nightclub.”

“Please,” she scoffed. “You’re just taking pity on me because you think I’m some middle-aged reject.”

His eyebrows lifted. “So you think you know what I’m thinking, do you?”

All her senses were overloaded. She hadn’t been this close to a man in a very long time, even before Russell’s affair. Xander’s young sculpted body made all her senses go haywire. She held onto anger, because it was the only bullet left in the chamber of her common sense. “You tell me,” she said.

He leaned down next to her ear and murmured, “I think I already did.” His hand, which had been placed squarely on her back, splayed out as it traveled down the contour of her spine, coming to rest on the small of her back, pushing her into him. For a second there she forgot to breathe. “It’s not Spring Break in New Orleans, but it’s not a bad way to spend a Friday night.”

She glared at him. “Novanna was making all that up.”

“You never got drunk in New Orleans?” he asked with an innocent cock of his eyebrow. She sputtered in response, which made him chuckle. “You hide it well under this domestic veneer, but I get the feeling there’s a tigress under there somewhere. I’m just waiting for her to come out to play.”

“What do you think my mother would say about this?”

He ran his other hand down her arm to clasp her hand. “I don’t kiss and tell, love. Your mother doesn’t have to know. No one has to know.” He brushed his thumb against the palm of her left hand, which wedding rings no longer graced. “Just you and me alone, no restrictions, no limitations. Sounds kind of nice, doesn’t it?”

She glared at him. “So I’m just some one night stand, wham, bam, thank you ma’am?”

He held her closer so she could feel the promise of his hard body. “You can decide that for yourself.”




What do you love about him?

I've been a sucker for a British accent since I fell for Davy Jones at the grand ol age of nine. Add dark hair and mesmerizing eyes, you basically have my trifecta of temptation. Ahem...



What do you hate about him?

He's too good to be true. With a guy like that, you know only heartache can follow.

If you went on a date, where would you go?

His place. And I might never want to leave.

Who inspired him?

Like I said, Brits have had a long-standing appeal to me. In my life, I've met a few that came along when I was feeling down aobut myself, and proceeded to make me see myself in a whole new light. This was for them.

Who might play him in a movie?

It'd have to be someone who could smoulder, but also someone who could bring the fun of a younger man in a younger man/older woman romance.



Do you have a special song that reminds you of him?

This helped inspire the Dallas scene...



Any "Easter Eggs" planted with this book boyfriend?

I set this story in my hometown, so there were a lot of affectionate nods to how I grew up.

Where can we find him?

BACK FOR SECONDS. (For Now.) It is also free today only.

No comments:

Post a Comment