Friday, March 2, 2018

25 Songs, 25 Days, Day 2: A song that reminds you of your most recent ex

Welcome to my Month of Music! We're going to talk about one of my biggest muses this month: music. I found this fun little challenge on Facebook, where I will be playing this little game all month on my official author page. Give it a look and play along, and who knows? Maybe you'll get some free books along the way!

So many songs could describe so many past loves, but one song in particular has always made the rotation whenever my heart gets trampled, since it's not so much about the person who left, but the shell of a person they left behind.

In fact, if you ever hear me playing this in my room, behind closed doors, singing my little heart out though pain might be strangling me to do it, just leave wine and chocolate by the door.

This song is my Angst Anthem because it's not afraid to stack the pain right in front of you, forcing you to punch your way through. My favorite part is the twist of hope at the end, which makes it even more painfully poignant. We can mourn the loss of love without giving up on love itself, and that's a beautiful and necessary sentiment.

Enjoy "Wasted Time," by the Eagles.

No comments:

Post a Comment