Saturday, April 23, 2016

Sneak Peek Saturday, Week Two

It's Saturday, so you know what that means. More Eli to whet the appetite just in time for the release of GLITTER ON THE WEB on May 10th. Can you believe it? That's only a little over two weeks away. Sure it's foreplay. If you've read my books, you're familiar with that concept, and nothing - NOTHING - will match what Eli is about to do to you in Glitter.

Don't forget that you can pre-order right now for the discounted price of $2.99. Prices go up to the regular price of $3.99 after May 10.

In GLITTER ON THE WEB, my heroine has made a pact with the devilish douchebag, Eli Blake - a pop sensation who has made a name for himself writing songs for all the bigger girls. Of course, he's not one known for actually *dating* them, so when his carefully constructed house of cards threatens to come down, he decides to pay Carly a pretty penny to act as his girlfriend for a year in order to protect his phony baloney image.

At first he sees her hatred of him as a positive. He's not attracted to her, she's not attracted to him. Odds are she won't get too attached when they go their separate ways, and he can tie the relationship up in a neat and tidy package. No muss, no fuss. But there's more to Carly than meets the eye, which he figures out almost immediately. It doesn't take long at all before he starts to see her as the ultimate challenge, especially the more she resists.

This isn't going to come easy, y'all. You just THINK you've cursed me before.

Enjoy...

***
I followed him onto the dance floor, where Lola slowed it down to a sensual, familiar tune. My eyes met his. “That’s yours?”

He nodded with a smile as he held me closer. “Still working on the lyrics. You were right. They’ll make or break the song.”

“I’m sure you’ll figure it out,” I said.

“God, I hope so,” he replied. “I’m not used to writer’s block.”

“Used to things always coming easy for you?” I challenged.

His unapologetic eyes met mine. “Of course.”

I chuckled. “Great doesn’t come easy. If it did, it wouldn’t be great.”

He laughed. “Such sage wisdom. Should I call you Confucius? Or Yoda?”

“That’s OGWO to you,” I corrected.

His brow lifted. “OGWO?”

“Oh Great Wise One. That’s my nickname around the office, because I was able to…,” I trailed off.

“Able to what?”

I sighed. It was too late to turn back now. “Because I could always tell what you were going to do.”

His eyebrow arched even higher. “Is that so?” I shrugged. “And what makes you think you know me so well?”

“I pay attention,” I told him. “It’s like playing chess with someone who only has a few tried and true moves. You have one winning strategy and you keep using it. Simple as that.”

“If it ain’t broke,” he shrugged with that smirk I used to hate. He spun me out, twirled me around and brought me back. “So I take it you think you’re impervious to all my tricks.”

I laughed again. “I know I am.”

He ran his hand along my back until it rested on my hip. “What makes you so sure?”

I shrugged. “I see through the bullshit. There’s glitter on your web, Eli, but it’s a trap all the same. I’ve seen it. I’ve always seen it. When you see it for what it is then you can’t get caught up in all it’s not.”

He swung me around. “You sound so confident. Care to make it interesting?”

“Any more interesting than it already is?” I countered.

He laughed. “I guess you have a point,” he conceded. “But I still think I could make you fall in love with me.”

“Gee,” I said, completely in character. “And I thought I already was.”

It made him laugh again. “Touché,” he said before he kissed me on the lips. He deepened the kiss, and I responded. His eyes were cloudy as he straightened. “So tell me, OGWO. What am I thinking now?”

He kept me flush against his body, which I could feel come to life. “You’re thinking that you haven’t fucked anyone in a few months, and maybe I’ll do.” His eyes met mine. “But I won’t do. Not for one million dollars.”

I smiled and exited the dance.

***
What would you do for one million dollars? More importantly... who would you do, and how much would you give?

Pre-order GLITTER ON THE WEB today!

No comments:

Post a Comment